What is SMS Marketing ?
SMS Marketing is a short message service marketing technique that uses permission-based text messaging to spread promotional SMS. It receives text messages, updated information, customers usually require to opt for an automated system by texting an initial shortcode.
The goal of SMS Marketing is to build a database of subscribers to increase customer loyalty. However, when implementing text messages to notify their customers within your vicinity of any immediate offers. If you updated your product deal so it’s a great way to send a reminder of your customer about our deal.
It contains two types of SMS:-
- Transactional SMS
- Promotional SMS
1.Transactional SMS:- In such kind of SMS, we send out SMS to our customers about warning or alert when they do illegal work to promote or advertise their product in the wrong way. For example:- Delivery charges, shipping tracking, order confirmation for instance.
2. Promotional SMS:- In such kind of SMS, we send messages about promotional or advertisement of their related product. For example:- they offer a quiz with a unique gift, check the Starbucks SMS marketing, offer promo code and state the discount clear. It is preferred as compare to other e-mail marketing and push notification services. Many delivery platforms allow for easy segmentation and management. Therefore, it is preferably to be less expensive than other distribution techniques.
Applications of SMS Marketing
- Short term promotion for retail or e-commerce business
- Urgent update about events or customer orders
- Appointment reminders
- Internal alert
Why is SMS Marketing effective
- The ubiquity of smartphones:- SMS is the easiest way to reach the customer directly above all
- Closes the e-mail marketing loop:- In other words, you can use SMS to send an instant notification but e-mail contains more long-form content
- High Engagement Rates:- SMS engagement rates compare to e-mail here, 90% of SMS read within 3 minutes of receiving. This make SMS very helpful in critical delivery rates to grow high success rates
- Great for Emerging markets:- Moreover, business is to operate in countries, data is expensive and wi-fi is less common then SMS is the best channel to communicate information above all